Many diseases that happen in the human body may be traced back to one or more blocked chakras. Just as there is a physical dimension of the human body so there is a body of energy (pranamayakosha). Starting form the base of the spinal cord and going up above the head, the seven chakras are energetic points located in the energy body. Here are the blocked chakra symptoms that will help you determine which of the seven chakras you need to pay attention to if you aspire to attain peace and well-being.
- Symptoms of an unbalanced Root Chakra
- Sacral Chakra
- Solar Plexus Chakra
- Heart Chakra
- Throat Chakra
- Third Eye Chakra
- Crown Chakra
An open root chakra will make you feel connected to earth and life. It helps make you aware of you role on this world. This root of all chakras makes you balanced, grounded and offers a deep sense of support and security. Located at the base of the spinal cord a blocked root chakra will manifest itself within this area of your body and also below it. To test yourself if you have a blocked root chakra here some of the symptoms and negative physical effects:
- leg issues – cramps, varicose veins, diminished water retention, knees pain.
- issues with male genitalia, prostate glands, rectum.
- issues with the skeletal system – arthritis, bone diseases, sciatica.
- bulimia or other eating disorders.
On the emotional level the blocked root chakra will diminish the sense of rooting in your endeavours. You may experience difficulties in reaching your goals. An open root chakra will make you feel relaxed and at ease with your life. This is a very important chakra as it impacts the other chakras as well. Just as a plant needs a healthy root to grow and bloom so the root chakra will have an impact on all other chakras.
This is a chakra associated with creativity, playfulness or pleasure energies. It can create difficulties in expressing yourself emotionally. The sacral chakra rules over the pleasure centres. It mostly affects the emotional side of your life. Some issues associated with an obstructed sacral chakra are:
- addiction, betrayals.
- lethargy, lack of motivation, feeling overwhelmed.
- issues with relationships and commitments.
- lack of joy in relation to sex and creativity.
The blocked sacral chakra can also have an impact on the physical. Here are some physical symptoms to test yourself for a blocked sacral chakra:
- issues with the female reproductive organs.
- issues with the lower back, and the pelvic region.
- problems with the menstrual cycle or other gynecological condtitions.
- urinary tract infections.
An open sacral chakra will connect with the Divine and the universe through creativity. It makes one feeling deeply committed in relation to the other and elevates the sexual and passionate nature of oneself.
This is a chakra of inner freedom. When the solar plexus chakra is out of balance one will tend towards negative self-talk and being judgemental towards others. This can lead to feelings of anxiety. When this chakra is balanced there is a highthened sense of respect and compassin towards ourselves and others too. It makes us confident and in control of our lives. You can test yourself for having a blocked Solar Plexus Chakra if you experience symptoms like:
- digestive and gastrointestinal system issues, colon, gallbladder, pancreas and liver.
- dermatitis, acne, eczema or other skin conditions.
- chronic fatigue or hypertension.
- lack of self-esteem or of power of will.
- general exhaustion, mentally drained or feeling as if on the verge of getting sick.
This is a chakra which symptoms are most obvious on an emotional level. On the physical level the damage is not scarce also. It can create serious damage to the immune system. Hence, it can do a lot of damage of the physical level also. Some physical ailments that are related to an unbalanced Heart chakra are:
- issues with the breasts, lungs and heart..
- asthmatic conditions
- issues with upper back region, shoulders or even wrists.
- issues with the lymphatic system.
On the emotional level the Heart chakra can do even more damage. Here are the emotional signals of a blocked Heart Chakra that you may experience:
- feelings of loneliness, abandoned, bitter.
- detachment of the world and even loved ones.
- general loss of compassion and love.
- loss of hope, faith, passion, trust.
- feelings of apathetic nature.
When balanced the Heart chakra will make you feel compassionate, joyful, grateful and forgiving. It will help you feeling deeply connected with the world and to people around you.
The throat chakra is related to the upper side of the torso such as neck, facial region, tongue. On the emotional level it relates to the ability to express and to communicate but not only. Some emotional symptoms of an unbalanced Throat Chakra are:
- lack of communication other than superficial talk.
- fear, anxiety.
- ADD, ADHD.
- lack of willpower, lack of control.
- issues with communication – an over-stimulated Throat Chakra may present in a person by the desire to manipulate others through use of words and tone, whilst an under-stimulated Throat Chakra will go the other way by making your wants and needs less important and focusing more on others’ wants and needs.
- feeling victimized or feelings of guilt.
On the physical level the symptoms of an unbalanced Throat Chakra include infections of the throat, mouth tonsils, neck tensions, headaches. When this chakra is balanced there is an easiness to communicate and to express. It also makes you a great and a compassionate listener. It enhances your ability to create and to manifest your desires through Divine connection.
This chakra is related to having an heightened level of perspective and consciousness. When the Third Eye Charka is working well one feels alert, focused with heightened power of concentration. True knowledge, wisdom and truth are other words related to this chakra.
Some physical symptoms of a blocked Third Eye Chakra are:
- hormonal imbalances.
- migraines, seizures.
- sinusitis, eye fatigue, loss of hearing.
- issues with allergies.
On the emotional level some obvious symptoms of an imbalanced Third Eye Chakra are:
- lack of concentration.
- excessive daydreaming.
- excessive self-reflection.
- sleep issues such as insomnia, excessive sleep.
- volatile behaviour, irregular shift moods.
If unbalanced, the chakra can also disturb one’s ability to use the psychic talents and intuition that he or she might posses.
This chakra connects us with he the universe and helps us live in the moment when we’re healthy. When unbalanced, it has multiple forms of expressions on an emotional level but also on the body.
Some physical symptoms of a blockage on the Crown Chakra are:
- visual aberrations or seeing one’s chakras.
- over sensitivity to external stimuli such as sounds or lights.
- bone issues such as paralysis or Multiple Sclerosis.
- issues with autoimmunity.
On the emotional level a blockage on the Crown Chakra will cause symptoms such as:
- depression, anxiety, mood disorders.
- desire of isolation and thoughts that supports the isolation.
- despair, confusion, feeling abandoned.
- isolation, separation form the society.
- inability to learn new things or to gain, accept new knowledge.
- close-minded thinking.
- inability to forgive.
If we consider the Root Chakra as the Earth Mother, the Crown Chakra is the Sky Father. The Root Chakra connects with the planet we live in whilst the Crown Chakra is joining us with the Universe.
There are various ways to make one’s chakras working properly. Whatever symptoms you may have there is one practice to help you overcome these damaging emotional and physical conditions. One way to heal and prevent these is through the simple yet effective Pure Reiki practice.