Every day we do and experience things that can cause our seven chakras to go out of balance or to become blocked. The food we eat, the people we encounter, the emotions we feel are strong causes of blocked chakras.
The world we live in is ever more dynamic, diversified and stimulating. We are more exposed than ever to external stimuli than can mingle with our mind and energies. People we encounter, traumatic events and personal situations can drastically impact our chakras and our quality of life. Emotions have an impact on the energies. Depending on the way we feel the seven chakras wil lreact accorndingly. Negative emotions will make chakras blocked and unbalanced whilst positive emotions mean healthy chakras. Healthy chakras is equivalent with a life of health and purpose.
For an optimal life free of struggle, disease, failure and boundaries it is important to balance and heal the chakras on a regular basis. These simple but powerful remedies can help you unblock and heal your chakras, making yourself available to the energies of the very source of creation. To the energies responsible for peace, joy, abundance, wealth, health happiness and and well-being.
- Remedies for Each Chakra
The remedies for blocked chakras are many. These include lifestyle changes, but there are many external remedies such as essential oils, herbals and the application of affirmations and using gemstones and crystals. Medication is helpful in many cases, but they can also create more damage to the system than healing it. You need to implement a few changes and some new habits into your life if you want to make your chakras working properly. Making this changes and additions into your life can actually help to get rid of medication in case you already take any.
There are two causes that will have an impact on the proper functioning of your chakras. Internal causes and also external causes. On the internal dimension certain foods can be used to cure the body and to open the chakras. On the external dimension we have the energy of others and the way we react emotionally to people and events that we encounter.
You are what you eat is what we use to say. The food that you put into your body can have a positive or negative impact on the chakras. If you have blocked chakras, food can be a great help to heal not merely your physical body (anamayakosha) but your energy body (pranamayakosha) as well.
The most important chakra that you can start healing through food is the Muladhara Chakra. This is the root chakra and it can have an impact on all chakras. You can take advantage of this and use food as medicine to balance this chakra.
You will have to start consuming more root vegetables to help balance the Muladhara chakra. Here are some of the root vegetables that you need to add to your daily meals:
- carrots, parsnips
- potatoes, sweet potatoes, yam
- beets, radish, turnip
- ginger, garlic, onions
- celery, asparagus
Whatever your goals and aspirations are it is important to be balanced. To stay grounded when struggles and circumstances will come to you it’s highly important to have an inner state of balance. The root chakra needs to be balanced if you want to reach your goals with more ease and less struggle.
My favourite book on foods for chakras healing
Having a rational mind is a great asset to your life. But sometimes this is not the best of means to make the right choices. Intuition can be an even greater asset when faced with tough decisions. Intuition is when you have a hunch about an event, a situation or a choice you need to make. It is usually obvious because it is opposite to what the rational mind says. It is important to feel and pay attention to this hightened sense of perception as it can grant you great insight. It provides valuable clarity when there are two or more sources of information or choices.
The remedy for a heightened intuition is to open all chakras and to stay focused. The best of foods that will enhance your intuition are fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants. Every day our body produces free radicals. These are oxygen particles that can get create problems for the cellular functions of your body. Too many free radicals creates fatigue, digestive and immunity issues.
Antioxidants are the best way to fight these free radicals. Here are some tasty and healthy foods to help out your enhance your intuition and to heal your blocked chakras:
- spinach, lettuce, kale, artichoke
- blueberries, strawberries and pomegranate
- goji berries, elderberries, cranberries
- red kidney beans, dark chocolate
- cilantro, oregano, turmeric, cumin, basil, thyme, ginger
One external cause of blocked chakras are the people we encounter on a daily basis. Their energy mingle with your energies and this can cause your chakras to be blocked or under-active. When we meet a person it is possible to feel a bad vibe or to feel a sudden mood shift. This happens especially if you are an empathic person. People do this to you willingly or unwillingly. They have the power to disturb our energies creating unwanted problems in our chakra system.
Emotions play an important role in causing imbalances to our chakras. They can sustainin healthy chakras or create problems within this body of energy. Unbalanced chakras will stimulate negative emotions of stress, fear, anxiety, depression, low moods. But it cal also go the other way, healthy chakras can be disturbed by negative emotions. A traumatic event or any other emotional disturbances can make your chakras go out of balance.
Chakras are protecting from these negative emotions by blocking themselves. When one chakra becomes under-active or blocked this causes another chakra to compensate by becoming over active. Focusing on the under active chakras will make the over-active go down. If you have unbalanced chakras there are few techniques and remedies you can implement in your life.
Techniques and Remedies for Healing Chakras
Some persons feed constantly from other’s energy. It is important to know how to detect and protect yourself from these energy vampires. To protect your chakras from being drained you need to temporary block them. When we interact with someone that feels like drains the life out of you create some distance between him/she and you. Then block the solar plexus chakra by placing your arms around the gut area. This will prevent the energy flow going out and prevents the intake of negative energy.
Other symptoms of encountering such energy draining people are sudden mood swings. If you find yourself feeling depressed or fatigued a vampire may may be the cause. One remedy is to imagine yourself surrounded by a white sphere of light. This rejects the flow of energies that causes disturbances to your chakras.
Essential oils are a powerful remedy when it comes to blocked chakras. They have been used since ancient times. In the bible it is said the Magi brought to the newborn king myrrh, frankincense and gold. Because of their miraculous properties, myrrh and frankincense were considered as valuable or even more valuable than gold. There are many essential oils and each with many uses and benefits for the body, mind and spirit.
Be aware that some essential oils can be very powerful indeed and can create skin issues if not used properly. Commonly they are being used as they are, but some oils are to be used in combination with carrier oils such as coconut oil. Definitely keep out of children and away from the eye as some oils ca be very damaging to the eyes. You can find more about essential oils on the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy website. There are also other plentiful free sources online where you can more in depth information on how to safely use essential oils.
Each chakra needs certain scents to help cure and balance them. Here are some essential oils and their benefits and uses for each of the chakras.
Patchouli essential oil remedy for the Root Chakra – alternative oils: Ginger, Cypress, Gingerwood
- apply on the base of the spine for grounding and rooting effects of the root chakra.
Sandalwood essential oil remedy for the Sacral Chakra – alternative oils: Clary Sage, Rosewood, Patchouli.
- to be applied above the belly button for increased joy, pleasure, creativity and confidence.
Lemon essential oil remedy for the Solar Plexus Chakra – alternative oils: Fennel and Juniper oils.
- apply this between the rib cage and the belly button for healing the circulatory processes, balancing blood levels and for vitality.
Pine essential oil remedy the Heart Chakra – alternative oils: Ylang Ylang, Rose, Jasmine.
- apply this around the heart region for healing of the Heart Chakra to make you feel more grateful, compassionate and more forgiving.
Lavander essential oil remedy for the Throat Chakra – alternative oils include Geranium, Chamomile, Bergamot.
- to be applied on the throat area for healing the Throat Chakra and eliminating fear, anxiety and for balancing the relationship with you and with others.
Frankincense essential oil remedy for the Third Eye Chakra – alternative oils are Cedarwood or Patchouli.
- apply this on the middle of the forehead for healing the Third Eye Chakra and for enhanced focus, better sleep quality and for head issues.
Myrrh essential oil remedy for healing the Crown Chakra – alternative oils include lavender and frankincense.
- to be applied on the top of the head for healing the Crown Chakra and for eliminating depression, anxiety and other negative feelings such as isolation, despair, confusion.
My go to set of oils and stones
Affirmations are another powerful remedy for touching and healing your chakras. If you practice meditation you can use affirmations during the practice to help trigger the healing process on a deeper level. Best practices of the affirmations remedy are:
- creating your own personalised affirmations based on these affirmations.
- often repetition throughout the day of these affirmations to increase their impact.
- writing the affirmations somewhere in plain sight such as desktop screen, phone screen or any place you are sure to see it daily.
I do or I am affirmations for the Root Chakra; examples:
- I am deeply connected to my Mother Earth.
- I am well-grounded and balanced.
- I do have enough to meet my needs.
- I am enough.
I want or I feel affirmations for the Sacral Chakra:
- I want to experience joy in my life.
- I want a good and well-controlled relationship with money.
- I feel content and satisfied.
- I feel creative.
I do or I can affirmations for the Solar Plexus Chakra:
- I do have the power to manifest what I want in my life.
- I do feel self-confident.
- I can manifest my desires.
- I can do anything.
I love affirmations for the Heart Chakra:
- I love myself.
- I love my family.
- I love my life.
- I love the blessing I receive.
I express or I speak affirmations for the Throat Chakra:
- I speak with conviction.
- I speak honestly.
- I express myself eloquently.
- I express myself with ease.
I think or I know affirmations for the Third Eye Chakra:
- I know without knowing.
- I know that I know nothing.
- I think clearly.
- I think with organized thoughts.
I understand or I am affirmations for the Crown Chakra:
- I am awakened.
- I am enlightened.
- I understand my life’s purpose.
- I understand myself and I show myself compassion.
Another powerful remedy for healing your chakras are herbals. Herbals can be used in many ways: dried or in capsules or tablets, tinctures and oils, or in powders, creams, lotions. Herbals have their own energy vibrations. These vibrations can be used to match and stimulate the energy vibrations of chakras.
Herbals can also interfere with the prescribed or over the counter medications. Breast feeding mothers and pregnant woman should completely avoid the use of herbals.
Herbals remedy for the Root Chakra – reddish roots or earthy herbs:
- Ginseng is preferred for its ability to help you ground.
- Yucca, Clover, DOng Quai, Damiana, Ginger root, Echinacea, Cayenne Pepper as alternative herbs.
Herbals remedy for the Sacral Chakra – herbs that have a high water content and have orange colour:
- Calendula as preferred herb.
- Papaya and Grape Seed as alternative herbs.
Herbals remedy for the Solar Plexus Chakra – herbs that are good for the liver:
- Milk Thistle as preferred herb.
- Parsley, Meetle, Dandelion, Lemon balm as alternative herbs.
Herbals remedy for the Heart Chakra – herbs that are commonly known for heart and vascular support:
- Rose Hips as preferred herb.
- Pine, Sage, Echinacea, Hawthorn as alternative herbs.
Herbals remedy for the Throat Chakra – herbs that have relaxing properties:
- Chamomile as preferred herb.
- Witch Hazel, Hyssops, Eucalyptus, Thyme, Primrose oil as alternative herbs.
Herbals remedy for the Third Eye Chakra – herbs that have stimulating properties:
- Skullcap as preferred herb.
- Vervain, Valerian, Bilberry, Kava, Lobelia, White Willow Bark, Passion-flower as alternative herbs.
Herbals remedy for the Crown Chakra – herbs that are good for memory and cognitive conditions:
- Valerian as preferred herb.
- Gotu Kola, Vervain, Meadowsweet as alternative herbs.
The last form of remedy for unbalanced chakras that we are covering here are gemstones and crystals. Gemstones and crystals come to aid you when you want to balance over active or under active chakras. For these to work best they need to be cleansed, both physically and energetically. You can clean them with moonlight or sunlight as well. Leave them out in clear sky for a few days to help your gemstones and crystals purify and charge.
They are ideal to be used in combination with the affirmations and during meditation. They can also be worn as pendants, bracelets, etc. Wearing them on your body can be wonderful shields for preventing external negative energies disturbing your balance. Just as with herbals, crystals and gemstones have similar vibration energies that match the chakra energies. Gemstones and crystals exist in various colours and oftentimes they match the colour of the chakra that it can heal and balance.
Gemstone and Crystal remedy for the Root Chakra (Nurturing godess Stone) – for increased confidence and for growth, renewal ,productivity and health.
- Bloodstone as preferred stone.
- Onyx, Red Hematite, Smoky Quartz, Red Obisidian, Garnet, Red Tiger’s Eye as alternative stones.
Gemstones and Crystals remedy for the Sacral Chakra – stimulating properties
- Copper as preferred stone.
- Turquoise, Fluorite, Vanadinite, Carnelian, Tiger’s Eye, Tiger Iron as alternative stones.
Gemstones and Crystals remedy for the Solar Plexus Chakra
- Citrine as preferred stone.
- Yellow Jade, Yellow Jasper, Calcite, Amber, Citrine, Gold as alternative stones.
Gemstones and Crystals remedy for the Heart Chakra
- Peridot as preferred stone.
- Emerald, Rose Quartz, Aventurine, Jade, Ruby, Chrysocolla, Chrysoprase as alternative stones.
Gemstones and Crystals remedy for the Throat Chakra
- Blue Agate as preferred stone.
- Sodalite, Blue Calcite, Blue Kyanite, Turquoise, Angelite, Lapis Lazuli, Topaz as alternative stones.
Gemstones and Crystals remedy for the Third Eye Chakra
- Quartz as preferred stone.
- Lapis Lazuli, Azurite, Amethyst, Sapphire, Sugilite, Crystal Tanzanite as alternative stones.
Gemstone and Crystal remedy for the Crown Chakra
- Amethyst as preferred stone.
- Diamond, Quartz, Serpentine as alternative stones.
Other practices that can be of great impact to your chakra recovering are physical exercises, meditation, reiki music, dancing. As for physical exercise I like to go running and do stretching. I also have some forms of basic yoga called Upa Yoga that I do and helps enhances my awareness. Meditation can be another great tool for well-being. But in my case it is just not deliver results each and every time. Sometimes I get into the state within the first minutes. But other times it takes over 10 minutes for similar results.
Before sleep I play some meditation music and whatever happens after that is history as I sleep like a log and I wake up like a warrior. Dancing goes in the physical exercise category but moving your hips can have a positive impact on the sacral chakra. So don’t forget to smile and dance every now and then.